By good luck and timing, we were able to finish the vegan / vegetarian arguments in class today.
FYI, here's some of the materials used:
1. "Reasonable Humans and Animals," by me, written long ago, posted under a pseudo name.
2. The abstract of the position paper of the Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Vegetarian Diets.
3. "Our Friends at the Farm," an old video from Farm Sanctuary and Gene Baur, which I set up as a "college students versus elementary students debate; and:
4. some frequent references to Elwood’s Organic Dog Meat and their page.
5. some short video overviews of the main arguments by Singer and Regan, by me.
Maybe this will be of interest to some out there!
#vegan #vegetarian #teaching #teachingphilosophy #ethics #teachingethics